Our guesthouses offer well-appointed, uniquely decorated rooms.
There is a certain sense of style when you think of a lake resort. Now take that style and intertwine it with the beautiful surroundings of Lake Champlain. Now that is the perfect setting for your Vermont family vacation– our list of guestrooms and accommodations below will give you a glimpse of what you can experience at Basin Harbor Club.
Homestead Building: Built in 1792, the Harbor Homestead is the oldest operating inn on Lake Champlain.
- The distinguishing features of the building are its native stone façade and wide covered porch overlooking Lake Champlain — a cool respite on hot, summer days.
- 16 guestrooms with private baths and a common living room that opens onto the porch with card tables and comfortable chairs.
- Just a few steps from the waterfront and a short jaunt to the Champ’s Camp play area, the Homestead provides guests easy access to North Dock activities.
Penfield Place: The original home of Basin Harbor Club second generation host Allen Penfield Beach.
- Penfield Place has the look and feel of a quaint English cottage, with stone hearths and custom woodworking throughout the three-bedroom house.
- Families and groups will enjoy the large living room, first-floor suite, and two upstairs bedrooms with private baths.
- Directly adjacent to the Harbor Homestead and guests enjoy close proximity to the waterfront, tennis courts, and kids playground
The Main Lodge: The original farmhouse of Basin Harbor Club, the Lodge houses the dining room, front desk, concierge services and gift shop.
- 14 guestrooms are available on the second and third floors. All with private baths, and harbor or golf course views, these rooms are charming and comfortable.
- Centrally located to all the guest services and dining rooms, you can also enjoy the player piano in the Champlain Lounge and enjoying the harborview from the Lodge Deck.
- The Dutchman’s Pipe (Ristolocia Durior) has been draping the balconies of the Lodge for over 100 years.
- This circa 1920s building offers six identical rooms for guests who prefer a more hotel-like experience.
- The spacious guestrooms feature double beds, private baths, and partial views of Lake Champlain through the trees.
- Located a short walk from the waterfront and within an enclave of private cottages, the Champlain House is a good choice for couples or families visiting as part of a larger group.
Summit: Our newest building on the property completed in 2009.
- Summit is an upscale Adirondack-style lodge with 10 beautifully appointed suites featuring Adirondack-style furnishings and all of the modern conveniences you’d expect in a four-star hotel.
- Large fireplaces take center stage in the one bedroom units, providing a cozy place to sit and relax at the end of the day.
- The unique offering of suites, and one-, two-, and three-bedroom combinations makes it an ideal lodging choice for groups and couples.
Call us at 800-622-4000 for more information or book now online.