12 Days of Cookies: Day 10
Posted on December 21, 2013
Foolproof Nutella Turtle Cookies
- 10 ounces milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 20 pretzels (flattened pretzel crisps are the best)
- 20 large rounded teaspoons nutella
- 40 whole pecans, toasted
- 24 soft caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl add 8 ounces of the chopped chocolate. Melt the chocolate on 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. It should not take long!
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate in a small circle (about the size of an Oreo) onto the prepared wax paper lined baking sheet. Repeat until you have made 20 or so.
- Now take your pretzels and press one pretzel into each of the melted chocolate circles. This should push the chocolate circle out to about the size of a small-medium cookie. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes (or the fridge for 20 minutes).
- While the chocolate hardens, add the unwrapped caramels and the heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl. Melt the caramels the same way you melted the chocolate. Melt on 30 seconds intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Set aside and let cool at least 5 minutes before adding to the cookies.
- Remove the chocolate covered pretzels from the freezer and spread about 2 teaspoons or so of the nutella (just eyeball it!) onto each pretzel and then press 2 toasted pecans into the center of the nutella. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Next spoon a little of the caramel over top of each cookie, covering most of the pecans.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in the microwave and drizzle each cookie. Sprinkle each cookie with the flaked sea salt and place the pan back in the freezer for 10 minutes (or in the fridge for 20 minutes).
This is a new cookie taken from the blog www.halfbakedharvest.com. We think it is spectacular and an easy no bake beauty!